Finding something you don't like about yourself is
usually very easy for most people. Most of the time you don't even have
to ask your family or friends because you have heard them complain about
the same thing for years. How many times have you heard someone mention,
I need to lose weight?
Here's a list of things people don't like about themselves. If you're
one of those people that has a hard time finding something wrong with
yourself, you could always ask one of your friends for some suggestions.
I'm sure they would like that.
1. The need to lose weight. This of course is one of the worst problems
with Americans. Most people need to lose weight and let's not forget
there are some people that need to gain weight.
2. The need to stop gambling. As more Indian reservations are allowed to
build gambling casinos and of course as the Internet gambling gets
larger, I've noticed some people with gambling problems.
3. The need to stop drinking alcohol. The abuse of alcohol has been
going on for many years. These people have an excuse for why they drink
and most of the time it doesn't make sense.
4. The need to stop smoking. This could be one of the most difficult
things I've ever seen my friends and family deal with.
5. The need to stop excessive behaviors. For example, gossiping,
cruelty, bullying, lying, cheating, stealing, partying etc. You get the
6. Don't forget the dreaded shopaholic. Most shopaholic's seem to have
large credit card debt and can't seem to stop this vicious circle of
buying and owing money to their creditors.
7. Working long hours or the workaholic. Sometimes this is a necessity
but I would suggest that you change your lifestyle if possible.
Reevaluate your reasons for working so hard.
8. Religious fundamentalists. People that spend too much time at their
place of worship and soon find themselves feeling guilty if they're not
doing something spiritual.
9. The need to be on time. This would include people that have problems
giving themselves enough time to get ready for work or school.
10. The need to stop doing drugs. I thought by now, approaching my 50s,
that drugs would no longer be a problem in the United States, but it is.
It's one of the most damaging things people can do to their lives.
There are plenty of things that people would like to stop doing or start
doing. If you're a smoker and you seem to shop excessively near the
casinos, I would advise you to start with something small and work your
way up to the big stuff.
Go to the next page, Starting
with Simple Things